Saturday, April 19, 2014

Tasting - Altas Cumbres Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Altas Cumbres Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety:  Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Argentina
Country: Argentina
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95 (Sale for $15)
Winery Review:
"Intense red color with violet highlights, with clean, fresh and complex aromas of berries, plums, figs and pepper.   Strong personality is in perfect balance with a medium body and pleasant tannins.  Ideal for: red meats, cheeses and strong sauces."

 My Review: 
The smell of this wine immediately reminded me of cherry jolly ranchers because of the strong berry and plum notes.  There was also a hint of pepper too.  On my first taste, I notice fig, plum, and cherry fruit flavors.  In the mid palate, I get a good hint of pepper.  The finish is fairly clean with just a little bit of dryness lingering.  The texture was medium and it had a medium tannin structure.  I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment