Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tasting - Santa Julia Malbec

Name: Santa Julia Malbec
Variety: 100% Malbec
Region: Argentina
Country: Argentina
Year: 2012
Price: $8.95
Winery Review:

"The nose is full of mellow raspberry and cherry, while the palate is fleshy and round, with blackberry and a touch of raisin. Plump, not edgy, and ready to drink, with coffee and mocha notes on the finish."

 My Review: 
So far I haven't liked most of the Malbecs I have tried this year so I was a little hesitant to try this without forming a bit of an opinion already.  The smell was very jammy, giving off aromas of strawberry and cherry.  The taste was a little less fruit focused, with hints of blackberry and plum coming through but not punching me in the face.  The wine was medium to light bodied and had a light tannin structure.  The aftertaste had a pleasant coffee note which I really liked.  I tried this wine without any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment