Friday, February 7, 2014

Tasting - Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Moscato

Name: Angove Zibibbo Sparkling Moscato
Variety: 100% Moscato
Region: Southern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2011?
Price: $15 (On Sale for $7.95)
Winery Review:
“This is a tasty and generous Moscato that opens with plush aromas of honey, peach syrup, white flower, and fragrant exotic fruit.  There's a nice sensation of fullness and creaminess in the mouth that is backed by the foamy effervescence of this sparkling dessert wine."

 My Review: This wine was just awesome.  I really didn't get too many strong aromas on the nose.  Subtle hints of apple, fruit, and honey stood out.  The texture was rich and creamy with a flavor that was full and reminded me of apple cider.  It was sweet yet the carbonation dialed back some of the sweetness allowing the creaminess of the texture to present itself.  It almost reminded me of what hard sparkling apple cider must taste like (it probably does exist but I've never had it...).  I enjoyed this wine without food but it would be perfect for dessert along with some type of cobbler.

No comments:

Post a Comment