Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tasting - Sonnenband Moscato Magnum

Name: Sonnenband Moscato Magnum
Variety: 100% Moscato
Region: Spain
Country: Spain
Year: Unsure
Price: $20 (Sale for $9.95)
Winery Review:
"This wine is intricate with the delicate perfumes of white flower blossoms, profound tropical fruit sweetness, and energized by citrus nectars."

 My Review: The smell seems fairly simple with mainly floral notes and just a hint of fruitiness.  The actual taste was very different from the aroma.  The sweet, tropical fruit flavors instantly hit me and almost overwhelmed me at first.  I got a little bit of the floral flavor toward the end but it was nowhere near as strong as the sweet fruit.  The texture was light but almost creamy.  I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment