Friday, February 7, 2014

Tasting - Tres Ojos Garnacha

Name: Tres Ojos Garnacha
Variety: 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache, & 10% Mourvedre
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95
Winery Review:
“This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvee of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela.  It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes.  Made from organically grown grapes.  Incredible value!"
- I - WineReview (December 2013), 90 pts.

 My Review: I really liked the aroma of this particular wine; a sweet fruity smell of dark red fruit reminding me of berries and jam invited me to take a sip.  The taste was less distinct than the smell.  While red fruit came across, it was not nearly as sweet as the smell with a little bit of a peppery taste that lingers during the aftertaste.  A pleasant tingling sensation was noticeable.  The wine was full bodied and while not as sweet as I had anticipated, fairly good overall.  This wine was tasted without any food.

No comments:

Post a Comment