Saturday, March 22, 2014

Tasting - Canyon Road Pinot Noir

Name: Canyon Road Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: CA
Country: United States
Year: 2010
Price: $6.95
Winery Review:


"Rich, fruit forward cherry flavors, soft tannins, a medium body and a smooth velvety finish. Pairs well with creamy soups, salmon, and savory pork dishes."


 My Review: 
The nose of this wine reminded me of fresh raspberries mixed with cherry jolly ranchers.  After tasting, the first thing that hit me was the big fruit flavor of ripe dark fruits such as cherry and red currant.  The tannins were very mild and soft in this wine which together with the medium body created a very smooth texture.  I liked this wine and although I tried it without food, I am going to pair it with some salmon in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment