Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tasting - Gerstacker Gluhwein "Glow Wine"



Name: Gerstacker Gluhwein Nurnberg “Glow Wine”
Variety: Mulled wine so not really sure
Region: Nurnberg
Country: Germany
Year: Not Sure
Price: Not Sure (Was a gift)
Winery Review:
"The traditional method of drinking this unique spices wine is to transfer the wine to a sauce pan and heat to about 170 Degrees F (do not boil) then laddle heat into heat resistant glasses or cups.  The taste of Gerstacker Gluhwien and secret spices are a treat not soon forgotten.  It is also excellent over ice.”


 My Review: I followed the suggestion of the wine bottom and warmed this wine up before I decided to try it.  The smell was very unique after I warmed it up.  A light grape scent was presented but it was overpowered by aromas of cinnamon, nutmeg, and gingerbread.  The wine actually tasted surprisingly good warmed up.  There was very little fruitiness with the flavors of gingerbread and snicker doodle cookies coming to mind.  It had a medium body with an aftertaste that reminded me of cinnamon loaf.  Overall, surprisingly good.  I did not try this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment