Sunday, March 16, 2014

Tasting - Williamsburg Winery Vin Licoreux de Framboise



Name: Williamsburg Winery Vin Licoreux de Framboise
Variety: 80% Merlot, 20% Raspberry Juice
Region: Williamsburg, VA
Country: United States
Year: Not Given
Price: $18 for 375ml
Winery Review:
"A red wine infused with fresh raspberry juice.  Excellent with chocolate!”


 My Review: The aroma of this wine just smells like someone combined raspberry sugar syrup with raspberry jam and just the slightest hint of blackberry.  I really enjoyed the mouth feel and taste of this wine.  The texture was velvety and full bodied.  Even though it was 80% merlot, the wine tasted primarily of raspberry juice with just a little bit of black currant present from the merlot grapes.  Probably the sweetest wine I have ever had before.  It is definitely a dessert wine, but still an awesome wine.  I did not try this wine with any food although reflecting on it now I wish I had a slice of cheesecake with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment